1. Accept where I am now
or
2. Continue to work towards reaching my goals
I choose number 2 and here is why:
I want to feel like I did before baby. I had a lot of energy and was able to keep up with my toddler without difficulty. I felt well and I was happy with how I felt and looked. To me that is so important. I want to be able to keep up with my kids and be able to participate in 5K runs and lift heavy weights and all the fun things I did before pregnancy. I want to be a role model to my patients that yes it is hard to get to where you want to be but it can be done. We all struggle with weight at some point in our lives but at any moment you can decide to change your life. One day at a time, one hour at a time and one minute at a time if you have to. One little change in your life can make a big difference in your overall health. Right now, I sometimes take it hour by hour because I get frustrated with what I see now. I try to take a deep breath though and realize that I put this weight on over 9 months and it will not come off in 2 weeks. Baby is totally worth it don't get me wrong, but the process to getting back to me is overwhelming. I will admit that my diet has not been the best post-baby. So what am I doing about this you ask? I am starting over with meal planning. For me, it helps to have all of my meals planned so there is no guess work when it comes to eating. I do not like to eat out very often because 1) I LOVE to cook 2) my food is healthier because I know what goes into it and 3) it is cheaper for my family to eat in.
I love healthy food- fruits and veggies, whole grains, proteins...YUM. I love looking for different recipes to try so I will continue to share the ones I love when I do these posts. Eating healthy is not boring. There are so many ways to make it fun. My husband actually gets into it too. He likes to try new foods (he can't cook but he is a happy eater:) It is fun for us to plan meals together. Make it fun in your family too.
Motivational quotes help me get through the day so I would like to leave you with one I found the other day.
So on to a recipe. I am oatmeal obsessed right now so here is a recipe for overnight carrot cake oatmeal. It is really yummy. I love it and I am making it again tomorrow!!!
Carrot Cake Overnight Oatmeal (recipe from dashingdish.com)
| 3/4 cup | Unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)- I used 1% |
| 1/2 cup | Plain low fat Greek yogurt (or mashed banana, applesauce or pumpkin)- I used Pumpkin |
| 1/2 cup | Grated carrots - 1 large carrot will work |
| 1/4 tsp | Salt (or to taste)- I omitted the salt |
| 1/2 tsp | Cinnamon |
| 1/2 tsp | Apple pie spice- I didn't have this so I skipped this |
| 2 tbs | Baking stevia (or 1/4 cup sweetener)- I substituted pure maple syrup here |
| 1 cup | Old fashioned oats |
| 1/4 cup | Protein powder (or additional oats) |
| Toppings of choice to add the morning you eat - I added a dash of additional cinnamon and a dash of milk and oh my goodness it was good!! Mix all ingredients together in a bowl the morning before you want to eat the oats. Place in 2 separate bowls or mason jars. Refrigerate over night. Eat cold or microwave for 60 seconds. We chose to warm them up and they were fabulous! Add a touch of cinnamon and a little milk to make them creamy or you can add a little vanilla yogurt on top with pecans. Your choice but this is definitely worth trying! |

No comments:
Post a Comment