Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Update


 
Update on this blog



So as many of you may or may not know, I recently had a child.... 5 days ago.  We named him Logan James.  He was 7 pounds, 9 ounces and 20 inches long.  He looks exactly like his older brother who is now 2 years and 8 months old!  During my pregnancy, I gained 35 pounds.  Healthy weight gain for my size and the pregnancy went well.  Baby is healthy and happy.  Needless to say I am loving life and I am on maternity leave now.  What I would like to do with this blog at this point is document how I intend to get back to a healthier me. 

During the end of my pregnancy, I found it was a little harder to fill up on fiber like fruits and veggies because I was just not hungry.  Also, I did have some food aversions during the pregnancy but I feel great now.  But... I feel overwhelmed on how I am going to get back to where I was pre-pregnancy.  I feel like a lot of people do when they have an intended goal and are just starting out.  Let me start by saying when I got home from the hospital I lost only 5 pounds....yes 5 pounds.  They had to give me some fluids (3 liters of fluid) during labor because my blood pressure kept dropping.  So at the end of the hospital stay, I had lots of swelling in my legs and was feeling very bloated.  Needless to say I was dismayed to find out I had only lost 5 pounds. 

So this is my journey towards losing 30 pounds and getting back to me.  I am back to eating healthy food that I missed during my pregnancy due to aversions or lack of room due to baby.  Honestly, I just started today.  When I woke up yesterday, I was very emotional about how I was going to succeed in this process.  Then I realized, I have done this before and I can do it again.  I know I can.  I also have quite a few people I look up to who have been in my spot and they keep going no matter what.  The process of getting my health back is not going to be easy but I am ok with that.  I am going to take one day at a time, one minute at a time if I have to because this is what I want and I am determined and focused to be the healthiest version of me that I can be. 

Throughout my process, I will be giving you some ideas of what I will be doing to lose the baby weight and get my health back.  Maybe in the process I can help someone else with their journey.  Have a great day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment