So how do people do it? How do they lose the weight or achieve the body or the health they want? They keep showing up to the gym. They make small consistent changes. They plan their meals. They decide that their health is important. They keep going. JUST KEEP GOING. Even if it is overwhelming or things get tough....keep going.
What will happen if you don't give up?
I love the quote above. Yes weight is a way to measure how you are doing with your health however, what about all these non-scale victories. What about inches lost or how your clothes feel? What about how you feel about yourself before you get on the scale? Don't let a number affect the way you live your life. Move past the number and keep your head up. To be honest, this was an enlightening quote for me this week. I have been focusing a lot on whether the scale moves and it really hasn't yet this week. So when I read this quote it empowered me. I was able to run further today than 2 days ago. My workouts are getting stronger. That counts as progress to me even if the scales do not reflect that. My body is changing even if it is taking a while. I am going to keep showing up---showing up to my workouts, showing up in the kitchen to make the right choices with my diet and showing up to parties and choosing what I want to indulge in. I am in control....


No comments:
Post a Comment